Respite Bed Program
GCN Respite Bed
Grand Central Neighborhood Social Services Corporation collaborates directly with the Emergency Shelter Network through community organizations, churches, synagogues and other places of worships to provide nightly respite beds to clients who are currently receiving case management services, concrete housing placement services and referrals to educational, medical and vocational services. We currently collaborate with (15) fifteen sites located throughout Manhattan and Queens, servicing both males and females.
Clients are referred for participation on the Respite Bed by the case manager after:
- Evidence of a comprehensive health assessment including a valid TB test
- Comprehensive psychosocial assessment including clinical observation during engagement.
- Observation of social interaction with case manager, staff and peers.
- Observation of acute and active mental health symptoms.
- Observation of controlled substances and alcohol abuse or use.
- Review of the level of engagement towards complying with their commitment plan.
- Review and sign the respite bed rules and regulation.
- Client will then be placed on the alternate list on a first come first serve basis.