RESPITE BED VOLUNTEERS
Grand Central Neighborhood Social Services Corp. is currently recruiting volunteers for our various sites. Volunteers will be fully trained and provided with 24-hour staff support. The commitment asked of most volunteers is 7:00pm-7:00am. for the overnight shift, or 6pm to 9pm for the dinner shift, 1-4 nights per month.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES FOR VOLUNTEERS:
- Arrive and set-up according to the respite site schedule.
- Provide clients with personal care items.
- Ensure clients wake-up, clean-up, and get on the bus back to the drop-In center (GCN)
- Serve dinner and breakfast (where appropriate).
- Close the site according to shelter guidelines.
- Communicate any questions or concerns to the shelter coordinator and/or GCN Staff.
- Maintain client confidentiality and privacy.
- Record and track clients’ arrival and departure.
- May also complete incident reports as necessary.
RESPITE SITE REQUIREMENTS:
2-4 volunteers per night
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
The non-private sleeping areas are moderately noisy
Volunteers may need to escort clients outside of Respite facility and may need to deal with outdoor weather conditions
While performing the duties of this job, the volunteer is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, climb stairs, lift, reach with hands and arms, talk, hear, and use both close and distance vision.
For more information, contact Sueranna Antoine, firstname.lastname@example.org (212)883-0680 x324